Before each ride :
- tightness of quick release levers, nuts and bolts
- tyres air pressure (recommended tyre pressure is on the side of each tyre)
- tyres if not damaged
- brake function
- brake pads abd their contact with rims
- brake cables
- lights function if riding in dark
- Check the headset/stem. Handlebars must turn freely and smoothly but can't be lose.
- Lubricate brake cables with multipurpose "3 in1 type" oil.
- Check spoke tightness - tighten if loose to prevent rim damage
- Check if tyres are not damaged (if necessary replace tyres)
- Clean wheels, tyres and frame with water and protect with a non-abrasive polish wax
- Check headset and wheel bearing adjustment - take to cycle shop for adjustment
- Check wheels and trueness of rims - take to your local cycle shop for correction
Kick Scooter Sydney highly recommend that you take your KOSTKA footbike to a qualified bicycle technician at least once a year for a full service and adjustment or more frequently as necessary.